Office Assistant/Marketing Trainee
We are Closed Loop, a digital agency whose mission is to help innovative companies like PayPal, Techsmith, Jobvite and Vudu achieve massive growth. This accomplishment is due, in part, to a work environment built on mutual respect, collaboration and doing whatever it takes to find the best solution for our clients. We also give our passionate, challenge-loving and high-achieving people the tools and opportunities to reach their potential.
We are currently looking for an Office Assistant/Marketing Trainee to join our team. This is a full-time, hourly position in our Roseville, CA office. This unique position at Closed Loop is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to break into the field of digital marketing and advertising.
This position contributes directly to the success of our team by providing the office support we need to be successful – you get to be the office hero. At the same time, you will be given the opportunity to be trained in the field of digital advertising, be mentored by experts in the field and provide hands-on support to our clients.
If the person we hire consistently exceeds our expectations as an Office Assistant for at least one year they may become eligible for promotion to our Digital Advertising team.
This is a difficult position to get and we typically receive hundreds of applicants. We are looking for a voracious learner, a problem solver with high ownership and motivated to provide incredible support to our team.
If this describes you, you have the skills we need and you want to join a company voted one of the best places to work in Sacramento, then let’s talk.
What you’ll do as our Office Assistant:
- Greet office visitors and accept deliveries
- Answer the main phone, route calls and take messages
- Retrieve and distribute mail
- Order and pick up lunch for the team
- Order and stock office supplies
- Order and stock food and drinks
- Support the team’s technology needs (acquiring new computers, troubleshooting issues, etc.)
- Keep the kitchen and other common areas tidy
- Run assorted errands (post office, grocery store, etc.)
- Help others with projects as directed (filing, faxing, organizing, etc.)
What you’ll do as a Marketing Trainee:
- Be introduced to digital advertising
- Learn how to perform keyword & placement research to support our digital advertising team
- Research competitors campaigns using competitive insight tools
- Provide additional support for our digital ad team as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or a related field. Those finishing up their degree are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience in a professional environment
- Interest in a career in digital advertising
- General tech savviness – Do you troubleshoot your home computer problems? Do you know the ins & outs of the major social platforms? Great!
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Project management and communications skills
- High level of professionalism, accountability and personal responsibility
- Valid CA DL, clean driving record & reliable transportation
It’s nice to also have:
- Deeper technology skills – Do you like to troubleshoot wireless networks? Have you built a website? Even code HTML? Excellent!
- Hands on experience with digital advertising platforms (e.g. Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, Facebook Ads)
- Experience using web analytic tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Data analysis & visualization skills
Please note: This job requires extended periods of sitting and lifting up to fifty pounds.
Why else should you join us?
- Competitive compensation: Competitive salary based on experience.
- Excellent benefits: Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), paid holidays and paid time off.
- Interesting, challenging work: We make a point of pursuing work we find interesting. As a result, our work includes a wide variety of clients, industries, and project types.
- Great colleagues: You’ll work with a team of experts who value skill and ability more than fancy rhetoric. We work hard and have as much fun as possible while doing it. There’s a lot of good laughter in the office.